Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Operations has responsibility for all aspects of the day-to-day financial operations, customer success, and resource planning. Additionally, the Director of Operations will have a direct role in shaping the strategy for the business as a key management resource.
With sound financial modeling, process design, and direct management oversight of key team-members, the Director of Operations will support ongoing operational needs of the business, inclusive of post customer-acquisition experience.
- Lead financial reporting: both in terms of day-to-day people management as well as setting the department’s strategy and growth plans in line with the overall company goals and needs.
- Develop credibility for the finance group by reviewing and delivering timely and accurate financial insights, analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to support the CEO, the Board and other senior executives to make the best financial and commercial decisions in line with company strategy.
- Oversee business financial and cash forecasting, to ensure that the CEO and the Board of Directors are fully informed monthly about the profitability and cash funding requirements resulting from the company’s business operations and future effect of the current strategy.
- Oversee financial reporting for all parts of the business to ensure that all key personnel are fully and appropriately informed about cash forecasts, profitability and the financial effect of all business activity.
- Use financial information to constructively challenge business activity – either to increase profitability, improve efficiency, or increase shareholder value.
Customer Success Responsibilities
- Build strategy to optimize for overall existing customer profitability: including new feature pricing, transition plans for unprofitable customers, and usage uptake.
- Design, implement, and oversee a coherent implementation playbook: own the journey from kick-off through ongoing support, including gating process, and key documentation and technology utilization across the team.
- Own pricing for ongoing services and support: Codify framework for team to prioritize and price ongoing support for accounts.
Resource Planning Responsibilities
- Build and own long-term talent roadmap: based on forecast and value creation decisions, define resource needs and execution plan.
- Oversee and manage organizational design, recruiting, and training activities: Work with CEO to define resource needs on an ongoing basis, build talent acquisition strategy, and codify internal training and certification for proficiency in product.
- Design and steward resource planning technology and processes: Actively refine project management capabilities across functions of the business. Ensure consistency in estimating, planning, and tracking time/effort.
- MBA from top-tier program and/or management consulting, investment banking, or other quantitatively rigorous disciplines
- Knowledge of power and/or utility sector a bonus, but not required
- Exceptional financial and operational modeling skills
- Experience managing diverse teams and projects